Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just Peachy


Logan loves canned peaches, but the canning process was by no means perfect.

One jar's bottom broke off, so I found peaches floating in the big pot and had to fish them out.


Logan got a little bored playing with Daddy and discovered he could poke holes in the peaches, or even better - rip them apart. "Uh-oh."

Does anyone know how to get rid of the tons of fruit flies in my kitchen? They are still there even after my peaches have been gone for over a day. I hate those annoying flies, but they remind me of my high school science class with Mr. Shuler where we predicted the traits of the drosophila melanogastor. Did anyone else do that lab?

5 comments:

Richard said...

CArrie - I just love your posts! Expecially the ones about Logan.

Dad

Mom said...

just vacuum them up. It doesn't stink, they are gone and no black dots where you tried to swat them.

Mom said...

I never use the peaches from a broken jar for fear of a glass sliver being in them.

Carrie said...

Thanks, Mom, the hand vac worked great and it was kind-of fun to catch them in the air because they don't fly too fast. Yeah, I had to dump out the rest of the broken jar peaches.

Elspeth said...

Yeah. everytime I see fruit flies I think of Mr. Shuler. How funny. I can't believe you canned all of those peaches. How fun! I'm not quite that good yet.