Friday, January 20, 2012

A Weekend with Riley

This blog post was saved on drafts, and I just found it today. I thoguht I had lost all the videos of Riley, so I am happy to see this is here. I think it was 2010 when I thought it would be fun to bring a racoon home for a weekend after Rachel offered. I don't know why. I realize it coud be very germy, and I promise I would never do that now. Riley is lucky to be alive. Her mom was shot because she was living in an attic in Rachel's in-laws house in Alpine. I guess racoons are a regular occurrence there. A day after she was shot later they heard  alot of crying and realized there were babies. Her father in law asked his sons if anyone wanted a baby raccoon, and all four got adopted. I thank Rachel for raising such a cute little raccoon. She had to do a lot of work bottle feeding her and keeping her warm since Riley was only about a week old when she got her. The other ones ended up dying. We enjoyed playing with her, and she was very friendly. She ended up giving Riley to some comservation group after a few months because she was too hard to keep out of the house.

No comments: