Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowy Days

We were lucky to get a huge snowfall after Christmas, so we spent a couple days just playing in the snow and it was great. Logan got out in his snowsuit and for the first time enjoyed it. He wasn't scared to walk off in the snow all by himself in the deep snow along the fence, or walk on the slippery ice. He didn't want to go down the sled hill by himself, however.
I stayed busy making snowballs for Logan and Julia to smash. Logan kept saying, "Logan, big one." Then he would say, "Logan smash it, fingers." Julia looked cute with her snowpants and connected boots. I held both their hands as we walked through the deep snow and they liked to stomp it down, or do anything the other one did, like push snowballs through the grate. They had so much fun together, sometimes I really wish I had twins.


Our little snow house that Keirra and I spent forever making, but it was fun. Mom gave us these cool brick molds we used with snow and a little water to make the bricks keep their shape. It was a couple days in the making, but even had a few tunnels under the wall for mail, etc. Alaya kept making tunnels for dogs to get in. One time Julia pushed over a lot of bricks before they froze together and I got mad at her. Logan thought it was a good place to hide.

He's trying to stick the little shovel through the window when I tell him not to.
It's always fun to tease Mom.
Keirra, Alaya and I had a secret night sledding party and meeting in our snow hut. We went out at 10:00 with a fashlight, some silly string and hid from the airplane bombers (Keirra was scared of this one low-flying airplane). A board and a few sleds closed off the roof so much that it got warm inside, and I could even sit up comfortably under the roof. The sledding was really good that night - it was so slick we just slid down in our snowpants, and actually went really fast! It was just gorgeous outside, although the wind started picking up. I miss just doing fun things like late-night sledding with the family. Scott and Keirra with her beautiful snowman princess.

The best sled hill was right behind our house!

4 comments:

Richard said...

Carrie - nice pictures, fun video!

Dad Wad

Hallie said...

Darrie, where was I? inside the stupid house? oh well, what a fun video!

Mom said...

What a fun video!. I wish I were there. I am so glad that you took pictures and videos of that fun day. What a fun jump and I love watching everyone go down. Keep posting these videos. THey are awesoem.

Multiply, and replenish the earth. said...

I miss those too. But it's fun to do it with the new generation! You're so fun Carrie!